Mobile phones have come a long way. They now house impressive specs, really great cameras, and impressive displays. But one thing is still not right: the battery life.
In this article, I will share with you some top tips on how to improve your mobile phone’s battery life. Some of them can be done by simple tricks while some of them require some specific apps.
So, without further ado, here are the top 5 tips to improve your mobile phone’s battery life:
- Get a Phone with a Hefty Battery life- The first and probably one of the most overlooked aspects of getting a mobile phone is its battery. Many people are engrossed with impressive specs and cameras, but they often do not see how much battery the phone’s come with. Depending on how you use your mobile phone, opt for a phone that has more than 2800 MaH. This, at least in moderate use, will last you more than a day.
- Take a Look at the Battery Tab- The next thing you need to do in order to improve your phone’s battery life is to look at which apps are sucking all the energy. Both Android and iOS mobile phones come with this feature. Simply head on to the Settings menu and then go to Battery. In this tab, you will be presented with a list of apps and how they’re affecting your mobile phone’s battery life. After seeing which apps sucks the most juice, you may want to exit or, at least, use the app only when it is needed.
- Turn off WiFI and Bluetooth when not in use- This is also one of the most common things that people forget. You see, most people are fond of just letting their Bluetooth and WiFI settings turned on, and then they’re mad at their mobile phone for dying on them when they needed it the most. WiFI and Bluetooth, although amazingly useful technologies suck the energy of your phone’s battery as well. If left turned on, it will quickly drain the battery life. Be sure to turn it off when you’re done using them.
- Download Battery Saving Apps- There are a lot of battery-saving apps out there that do a great job of preserving your mobile phone’s battery life. If you’re on Android, download JuiceDefender or Battery Doctor. If you’re in iOS, there are no battery saving apps, but you can make Siri close all programs that you’re not using to save the battery.
- Turn On Power Saving Mode- Most mobile phones nowadays come with a power saving mode. This feature concentrates on the most important apps only and thus, saving you some more juice. It also dims the brightness of the phone to conserve more battery life.
These 5 tips should help you improve your mobile phone’s battery life. Be sure to explore each of these options so that you will know which works best for you.