Most dieters and even bodybuilders love to eat fish when they want to lose weight or build muscle. That is because fish is one of the healthiest protein sources available to mankind.
Salmon, albeit a fatty fish, is still considered to be one of the healthiest fishes around. They contain a lot of healthy fatty acids (Omega-3) that can help make your heart healthy.
Furthermore, each fillet of salmon contains 15-25 grams of protein and is necessary for people who want to lose weight. If you’re bodybuilding, Salmon can be a great protein source as well.
If you’re on the hCG diet, a lot of people might tell you to avoid Salmon. I get it, they probably got put off because Salmon is one of those “fatty” fishes. But even though it is considered “fatty”, it got its tagline because of the amount of Omega-3 fatty acids it contains.
In this article, I will share a recipe for the hCG Diet Orange Roasted Salmon. Even though the Salmon will have some orange used on it, the orange flavor is subtle and not overpowering at all.
So, without further ado, here are all the ingredients that you will need in order to make this amazing hCG Diet Orange Roasted Salmon:
2 Oranges, Sliced
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Onion, thinly sliced
5-6 Oz of Salmon Fillets
1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Lemon Pepper
1/2 Cup Orange Juice
1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon of Honey
1. Before you start with anything, Preheat your oven first to 400 degrees
2. Next, get a small bowl and mix together the garlic powder, dried parsley, and lemon pepper.
3. Then, place the slices of one orange in a layer at the bottom of the baking dish you’re going to use.
4. Sprinkle some onion slices over the orange as well.
5. Drizzle the onions and the orange with some Olive oil. Also, sprinkle the baking dish with some of the herb mixture you’ve done earlier.
6. Place the baking dish in the oven and allow the onions to roast for about 25 minutes or until the onions are caramelized. Remove from the oven and up the oven’s temperature to 450 degrees.
7. Push aside the orange and the onions and place the salmon in its place. Season the salmon with the remaining herb mixture.
8. In another bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Honey, and the orange juice. Pour over the salmon, making sure that you pour it evenly.
9. Bake the salmon along with the onions and orange slices for about 12-15 minutes or until the Salmon is just about cooked in the center.
10. Remove from the baking dish and then discard the oranges as well.
11. Place on a serving plate and garnish it with some of the roasted onions and also with some fresh orange slices. Serve and Enjoy!
Now, a lot of people might be put off because of the number of oranges used in this dish. But, do not worry because as previously mentioned, the orange flavor is subtle at best and it even compliments the Salmon because of its acidity.
The hCG Diet Orange Roasted Salmon is perfect for phase 3 of the hCG diet and it fulfills the Protein and fruit requirement of the said diet plan.